Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A Beautiful Day

The sun came out today and I walked through the Luxembourg gardens and ate crepes for lunch and talked about the aftermath of the Franco-Prussian War in the afternoon. While many of my posts seem to be climate related, it is true that here in Paris, the weather dictates so much more of my day than it does back home.

Since I don't like to sit around the house all day, it's nice to have sun and clear skies no matter what the temperature. But so often it has rained and soured my plans for long promenades down Baron Haussmann's wide boulevards that I end up ducking into cafés and museums. While they are great, I'll take a sunlit French garden over the Louvre any day.

That's all for now save for a quick note. Some people (coughmymothercough) have asked why I don't publish any photos of my friends on this blog. And she's right I should put some pictures of them up so enjoy them and the weather wherever you may be.







No comments: