Monday, March 30, 2009

Everything Ravaged, Everything Burned


Sorry for the lack of posts of late. As you can see from the photo, my family came to see me in Paris last week and I spent all my free time with them. And though they left Saturday morning, one of them gave me a nice little stomach flu that kept me up and over the toilet all of Saturday night and rendered me incapacitated and in bed all of Sunday. Thanks, Mom! Now I'm behind on work and finding it more difficult than normal to focus in French.

But otherwise, I'm doing just great! If anyone has any recommendations for budget accommodations in Kotor, Montenegro they would be much appreciated. These next few weeks will be a mad dash to get to April 10th and my Balkan invasion: Zagreb, Split, Hvar, Dubrovnik, Mjlet, Kotor, Peja, Zadar, and everything in between. I hope to take many pictures, eat well and cheaply, and enjoy the Adriatic sun for a few weeks. But until then, back to work for me.

But for you reader with free time and an adventurous heart, please do read this short story by Wells Tower, Everything Ravaged, Everything Burned. The New York Times gave his collection of stories a great review and I am looking forward to picking it up when I get home.

And check out the trailer for Where the Wild Things Are. Dave Eggers + Spike Jonze + Arcade Fire + Wild Things = a good movie.

No comments: